[RC] disappointed at a ride - Paddi

Carrie has made some good points and I am sure many of us ride campers are feeling bad she was disappointed.
There is alot of good points ride managers and others can pull from this letter.

Some rides I have attended have a short newbie ride briefing after the reg to answer questions.
An experienced rider is usually asked in advance to do this.
It only takes a few minutes.

When I managed a ride I had some of the younger volunteers watch for newbie's at the vet check and their job was to hold the horse, help with sponging ect. Young teens that are around are willing to do horse duty as a volunteer position.
 Riders make a point to search out newbie's and invite them to join you for the evening.
I find that new riders are hungry for advice.
As a vendor I am very approachable. I am set up in the middle of camp and wanting everyone to come over....lol
I spend alot of time chatting with new riders. I try and introduce them around.
Think of yourself as an ambassador to the sport. We want new riders to stay.
Hope Carrie gives it another try.
Paddi Sprecher
Canadian Trail House

www.CanadianTack.com
1-866-987-4816 toll free order line
Canadian Distributor for Dixie Midnight No-Sweat Vent Pads
EasyCare Stirrups and Easy Boots
Biothane Tack, Skito Equalizer Pads
Cashel Flymasks
Yacht Braid Horse equipment