Re: [RC] re "making money on a ride" - Maggie Mieske

I have about 40 confirmed volunteers for my ride.  I think I am one of the lucky ones!  I could never pay them a fraction of what their time is worth (not even an hourly rate at minimum wage!) and be able to put the ride on.  I feel bad that all they get is a T-shirt, a couple of free dinners, all the sandwiches, snacks and pop they can drink!!  We need RMs but even if we have the RMs, without volunteers willing to step up and help out, there could never be a ride.  Because, we couldn't pay to have anyone put up with what volunteers put up with.  :)
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve