Re: [RC] advice for first 100 - Maggie Mieske

A & D ointment or desitin (zinc oxide).  (Notice how I put that first???  There's a reason!).  :)
Fresh clothes and deodorant at the vet checks.  Even clean socks will make you feel refreshed.  I carry wet wipes or whatever for washing my face and neck... if kept in a cooler, they are very refreshing.
Watermelon!!!  Strawberries!!!
LOTS of water.  COLD!
A pit crew with a big smile and a big voice to call your horse to the next pit stop...those little checks with a slosh bottle or two for the horse's neck (and if hot, for yourself) and a smiling face with an encouraging are GOLD!!!  That's my hubby...so maybe I should change that to HUBBY.  :)
RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE.  Listen to your instincts.  Read your horse.  Read yourself.  Take action accordingly.
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve