[RC] advice for first 100 - Elizabeth Szeliga

Hi everyone,

I am planning to do my first one day 100 in a few weeks. If you had one piece of advice to offer to a first timer, what would it be? Heck, I'm even interested in listening to those of you that have more than one piece to offer!

For a little background, My horse and I have done only a few 50 mile AERC rides, and somewhere around 1300 or so ECTRA miles, starting in 2000. One of our rides was a moonlight 50, so I'm not overly intimidated about riding in the dark. We plan to ride this 100 quite slowly.

Any suggestions? What do you wish that you knew before your first 100? What do you wish that you did differently the first time around?

Thanks for any help!

Liz in Massachusetts

Watch the online reality show Mixed Messages with a friend and enter to win a trip to NY http://www.msnmessenger-download.click-url.com/go/onm00200497ave/direct/01/

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins