Re: [RC] Problem with a neighbor - Joe Long

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 05:20:19 GMT, Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I received a letter from his attorney today saying that they want us to put up
a another fence, 30 feet from the mutual fence.  We checked our
CC&R's and it says that homes should be 50 feet from any mutual fence and
pools (he has a hot tub 4 feet from the mutual fence) have to be
100 feet away.

I've tried talking to him, even suggested putting a sprinkler down there to
keep the dust down and discourage the horses from hanging out there.
. all to no avail.  I'm afraid I'll need an attorney and I'm already
stretched (deposit down on a barn, incident with my trailer on the way
to a ride this past weekend means a whole new axle, 2 kids in college and we
stretched to get into the house to begin with.  Any
recommendations would be greatly appreciated (for an attorney or otherwise.
Please send to my office (see cc: section above).

How about offering to SELL him a fifty-foot strip along the line by his house,
so that HE can come into compliance with the law?  For, say, ten grand?

BTW, people often have attorneys send letters like that knowing that haven't got
a leg to stand on, hoping the recipient will be intimidated into doing things
they don't have to do.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano