[RC] OFF: Problems getting Registration Papers - Kari Hanes

Well our new Polish mare is working out just great. The kids love her and it looks like she is going to the 4-H fair in August. Her small cuts are all healing up nicely and she's found a good pasture buddy in the mare's herd.

I wish I could say the same for her registration papers. We have sent out multiple letters to the recorded owner and left messages on his phone several times and he never responds. Now I've found on the AHA website that we cannot register foals from her as part arabs. It says "the non-Arab parent cannot be an unregistered purebred Arabian." Does anyone have any suggestions for the next course of action? I really can't afford to hire a lawyer and don't know if it would do any good anyway. It would just be nice to have her "legal" and be able to breed her sometime in the future.

TIA
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse. ~ Libby Llop