Re: [RC] Favorite Riding Undies - heidi

So, do many of you ride in padded briefs?  Or bicycle briefs?  Or what
besides the guys and homies.  How about tops: Pullovers, zippers,
snaps??  And  socks:  Coolmax, wool, or what.  Ankle, knee or what.
I've been cruising the web this a.m. looking for things for butt support
or  padding - or something.  Oh, and hopefully it is easy to pull up
behind the ole  bush.

I'm pretty much a Carousel fan when it comes to briefs.  I use their
thigh-length ones where there are no seams anywhere to rub.  I personally
equate padding to wearing diapers and can't stand it, but for those who do
want or need it, Colleen makes padded versions, and will also custom-make
them.  And they are at least reasonable to "pull up behind the ole
bush"... (I like that one!  <g>)

As for tops, I also got my sports bra from Carousel--and what goes on over
that depends on the weather.  If it is hot and sunny, I wear a VERY
lightweight long-sleeved men's western shirt with snap closures.  I can
pop it off and pop it into a water tank, and pop it back on again while my
horse is drinking, if I need the extra cooling.  If it is moderate and not
too sunny, I wear a T-shirt.  And I layer for more inclement weather--over
the T-shirt goes a heavier denim men's western shirt with snap closures,
over that goes a Polarfleece vest, and depending on conditions, over that
goes either raingear or a double-thickness insulated sweatshirt jacket.

For socks, I use thick tube socks, not quite up to my knees--one of my rub
issues was socks too tall.  I wear a pair under my tights, and then I had
another problem when I got my tights with padded knees--one leg tends to
creep around so that the padding ends up behind my knee instead of where I
need it, and I solved that by wearing a second pair of socks over the
tights, with the tops folded down.  The extra padding and absorbancy is
also comfortable on my feet.

Heidi

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher