[RC] ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Adelia85

This conversation should not have gone on to this extent in public. The anger and vitriolic remarks are not helpful and NOT WELCOME by anybody.  No matter how justified you may think your position is, the manner in which this is being played out is detrimental to the sport and certainly to this email list.  Please change the subject on the list to something positive and spend some time thinking about the Golden Rule if not for the person you are angry with at least for the rest of us!

Adelia Ramey
Tired in North Carolina

In a message dated 6/24/2004 7:16:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Please Reply to: Voodoo rides2much@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ride managers are allowed
>to complain about anything they want, even if the problems are=
>of their own making. They are allowed to gossip about you behind=
>your back.  They can spew all over the internet about riders=
>whining & not taking care of their horses.    But riders are not=
>allowed to say anything about the Ride managers.  Got it.

Oh my god....

As a ride manager of 15+ years this generalized statement makes me want to
pull all of my currently sanctioned events and never manage a ride again!

Thank you!

Mollie Krumlaw-Smith

Mollie & all the other great Ride managers out there I sincerely apologize. It was totally unfair of me to generalize all of you into a statement that I really only felt about one person.  In the 20 or so years I have attended Endurance rides I have seen many ride managers give their blood, sweat & tears.  I have witnessed them handle the worst of situations with grace and great restraint.  California/PS is a great place to ride, & despite my issues with Lynne, I really do appricated what you guys give!

===========================================================There must be a full understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~  Bob Morris