[RC] Making money putting on rides...lol - rides2far

I've known several managers who go out of their way to do no better than
break even...making sure they spend every penny they make back on the
ride. I think this is a mistake. It's IMPORTANT that you make some money
on the good years and put it back because there *will* be a year, sooner
or later when probably weather, but maybe forest fires, etc. will destroy
you. As soon as possible a ride needs to have 100% of what a ride costs
in an emergency fund. *Then* you can start giving profits to charity or
whatever. I've seen some good people quit managing rides after they took
a bad financial hit because they hadn't wanted to make a profit off their
friends.  Wanna talk about unexpected costs? I wrecked my truck on the
way to pick up the t-shirts once. A guy helping me clear trails knocked
out the back window of his suburban with his weed eater... the list is
endless.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm