From: goearth
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:04 PM
Subject: [RC] Horticultuturely....

Horticulturally the seasons are changing, and on this forum i have been described as that.."hippy dippy weather guy".  But just listen to these 3 examples.  Lagerstromeia indica or Crape Mrytle usually blooms in July or August.  It is blooming here in the Mts. in June and has been blooming in DC for over 2 weeks.  Miscanthus sinensis 'Autumn Light' is setting inflorescence 2 months early.  Rhus aromatica or Fragrant Sumac has set seed 2 months early.  The plants are telling me that the seasons are changing whether the climatologists and governments agree or not.  goearth