[RC] Re;) Business and Taxes - goearth

When i shipped a horse to the European Championships and was wondering how to 'Write Off' the expenses we set up a Farm Name, Opened a checking account in the farm name, got a Federal ID # and we were in business and Legally wrote-off over 10k$.  Now with horses you have to remember that the only ones that make 'Money' are those that don't own them so we never made a profit even in the best years.  But thats the American Way and totally Legal.  The taxes in Page County, Va. for a house that was just appraised for $168K and a dog house at $50k and 52 acres was let me see...$375.20.  The wages here are not that great but the trails are.  People are like ants.  They like to congregate close to each other in cities and metropolitan areas and go after the big bucks and pay big taxes and be so close you can hear a neighbors toilet flush.  Even in Ride Camps notice how close people park next to one another.  I look for a shady tree if one can be found away from everybody.  Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand and see what side of the fence you reside . tom sites aerc 5780 luray va.