Re: [RC] Lynne & complaints - Lynne Glazer

ROFLMAO, this one takes the cake.

Especially the trash part. Can you read, oh poster? Go find your welcome letter. Read the part where it says DUMP TRAILER. Huge dump trailer, right across from the vet check, next to the two porta-johns. Heaping full of trash by the end of the two day ride. We had to cargo net the whole thing in order to take it to the dump (and pay dump fees). No manure pickup was required.

Amazing. Simply amazing. Dearie, I didn't "bring it" to ridecamp, I brought it to the SoCal list. A member here posted about it by mistake. I am pleased beyond belief that you won't be attending any future rides I may indeed manage, despite whiners like you. And I know who you are.

For the benefit of ridecampers, we had *8* treatments (with some evacuated) in two days. We had one rider transported via ambulance due to heat, and another tear up her shoulder. We had lots of overtimes in the LD despite the same course as last year, and a high pull rate in the 50 due to 90+ weather. And guess what? Most people had a good time. I have dozens of e-mails from after the ride that say so. Poorly marked trail? Not according to the feedback I've gotten. Sure, there could have been improvement in a couple of spots. Sure, we could have used a few more volunteers. Sure, if we'd anticipated the high heat we might have had more than 300 bottles of water for the first day. We had 19 cases the second.

Last year, I included a custom ride evaluation form for this first year ride, received about 30 replies out of 120+ riders in paper form, and more in e-mail. I'm not afraid of constructive criticism, and implemented suggestions where possible. But I will have nothing to do with riders who blame their misfortune on others, and expect their hands to be held on an ENDURANCE ride. And can't handle the fact that 30+ horse/rider changes the night before a ride is to start might make a ride mgr a little cranky.

I think my next rides will be advertised as "no frills" and then riders can be pleasantly surprised to find water in camp beyond a hose, breakfast, refreshments, 2 kinds of hay, bran, carrots at vet checks, etc.

Volunteers: Helping man a finish line or a PR, etc., is vital to the sport. It is nothing compared to having fiscal, physical and emotional responsibility for the event. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Lynne
who had just moved to that 45 acre "dirt lot" with horses, put a $40K brand new trailer there, and yeah, didn't want the ride office (outside) to be inside on brand-new carpet, or have my cats get out into coyoteville, etc. I believe it is unfair for riders to expect me to wreck my home on their behalf.