[RC] hamstring injuries - Maggie Mieske

Hi all,
I see my doctor tomorrow about this hamstring thing.  I would appreciate if anyone who has experienced this would share their experience with me and give me advice on how to heal fast and best.  I have done some reading and am considering deep tissue massage to promote good tissue rather than scar tissue.  I spent two days on the couch doing RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and now am using heat occasionally...it does help.  I am also taking ibuprofen and trying to avoid the vicodin and flexeril if I can...it just makes me feel awful.  Let's see....oh, and I have wrapped it mostly to help me restrict the movement so I don't spasm it again.  And it provides some relief.  I had a class all last semester in Physical Fitness and was quite faithfully doing stretching and walking, etc. and while I have been busy outside and gardening and riding, the stretches sort of got forgotten.  Boy, I will never do THAT again.  When can I safely start gently stretching it again?  I will consult my doctor but I also trust those who have been there and done that.  You may reply privately so as not to clutter the list.  I sure do appreciate any and all suggestions and encouragement.  This really screws up my Shore to Shore plans, that's for sure!!!  :(
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve