[RC] sore/lame horse - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: patti  pattiloucks755@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

last wenesday,went for a short conditoning ride,wooded trail with some boggy
spots.my horse was his normal self til just before we turned around to head
home.he just seemed to lose intrest and became very slow and lazy.got back to
the trailer and could not find anything wrong anywhere.next day he has a lump
about the size of a golf ball on the outside of his left hind hock,was soft and
didn't seem to hurt him at all,but he was resting the foot alot.so,hosed the
leg for 10 minutes,3 times a day and it was pretty much gone by saturday and
his spirits were up.so rode approx.12 miles fairly fast.now the lump is bigger
and he's in pain.have him on bute and water therapy.also putting linamint on
it.so,he's not lame,putting full weight on it.but he is really grumpy and I
don't want hurt him anymore.so,any guesses as to what this lump is and should i
just keep riding or what?help.

for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle