Re: [RC] Saddle Fitter Nashville & Elsewhere - Marv Walker

While we are on the subject, does anybody know of a good, unbiased saddle fitter in the Nashville, TN, and/or Huntsville, AL, area? By unbiased, I mean he/she won't push one particular saddle, but will really try to fit me and my horse to a good saddle regardless of make or personal profit.

I can help anyone in North Georgia (or anywhere
for that matter) who wants to come to me evaluate
saddle fit.  Usually when I'm appearing at an event
elsewhere and I have the equipment I can help
there as well.

I'm also available to do saddle evaluation clinics if
needed.

I don't sell saddles.

I also need to point out here that it is very possible to
have a saddle that is visually and mechanically fitted
that still causes problems.

If at all possible, find a saddle fitter who takes the entire
horse into consideration.

Generally speaking, to a vet, all horse problems are
vet problems, to a trainer, all problems are training
problems, to a farrier, all problems are hoof problems
and so on.  It is no different with saddle fitters.

In my work with problem horses I look the entire horse
over and assess what is going on that may have a bearing
on the over all problem.

For instance, the angle of the horse's coronet band can
affect how the saddle fits.  And that is only one thing from
a long list.

A horse is a machine.  As such, it needs diligent watching,
maintenance and tune ups to keep it operating at its optimal
performance.  Each part affects the others.

There is more to saddle fitting than just fitting the saddle.

Marv "Horses are puzzles with a lot of corner pieces." Walker
2004 Events: http://MarvWalker.com/2004.htm