From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Timothy Worden" <ndrorydr@xxxxxxxxx>; "EnduranceNet RideCamp"
<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] public image of the Arabian horse

I bought my current Arab gelding from a Montana rancher who used bred a
fair
number of Arabs.  His grandfather used to breed for the Remount during
WW2.
I asked this man how he happened to be breeding Arabs in Montana-ranch-QH
country, and he chuckled and said because he found out how long they last
at
work.  One Arab can work, day after day after day.  Oft times, ranchers
with
QHs have to have a whole string of them to keep up with the work load.  My
gelding has not yet done more than one 50 mile ride in one day, but
considering the way he looks and feels after that 50 miles, I'd wager that
he'd go out and do it again the next day, and the next.  He hasn't shown
any
sign of being tired yet.......

Barbara