Re: [RC] allergies - Mary Sutliff

We have a 4 year old Paso with allergies.  Took him to an equine
allergist where he was tested and found to be allergic to lots of stuff.
He went through a series of allergy shots and now gets a shot every 16
days.  We are working up to a 30 day schedule.  The shots are easy to
give as the needle is very small.  He hardly notices.  He also takes an
antihistamine when the hives are bad.  This doesn't affect our riding
him at all.  One of the vets would have to comment on if this program
would violate AERC rules.

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop