RE: [RC] water troughs - Jim Holland

Bottom line is that I can put up with most anything at a ride as long as it
doesn't impact my horse.  All I ask from ride management is a well marked
trail and the rules I need to follow.  If that includes not drinking from
water troughs, TELL ME! I can handle that. If there IS no water...TELL ME! I
will adjust my pace and ride plan accordingly.  My personal comfort (or
discomfort) is irrelevant.  Doesn't matter about ME....I can "suck it up"
with the best of 'em.

My horse DEPENDS on my decisions for his well being during a ride...maybe
even his life. When poorly marked trail makes my horse do extra miles and he
(and other horses) are denied water because ride management didn't tell me
the rules or didn't provide water or amenities for my HORSE that were
promised, SOMBODY is gonna hear about it.  That pisses me off!

And that's my last word on this subject. 'Nuff said.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Probably they should have put a trough somewhere on the road
before or after the check, if there was a decent place for one.

Or again, just put a bunch of buckets at the trough for people to use, if
congestion was the issue.

(And I'll reiterate--with regard to spread of disease, dipping your clean
bucket into the trough where somebody just dipped their bucket that their
horse just blew snot all over does not ensure that you will get
uncontaminated water...)

Heidi

There is something really special about getting to ride all day, and all
night on your horse. I know that a lot of people like to get finished, and
get it over with. Yes, it is a lot of work. But, realize that each ride,
especially a 100 is a really special gift and savor it for all it is worth.
~  Karen Chaton