Re: [RC] Letters to the World - SandyDSA

The opinions, experiences and comments should ALSO go to AHA, since, all politics aside, AHA is the one who ultimately is responsible for this mess and has the lattitude to clean it up. The Pres, Bill Hughes is a man with great integrity, a man I love very much, and hopefully will have the support to make the changes that will restore both health and integrity to the breed ASSOCIATION, because, my friends, the BREED has never LOST integrity - it has been greedy, silly people who have lost it - but sadly, they own a lot of high profile horses (no reflection on their quality of course). I am SO thankful for peopel who continue to breed, buy and ride Arabians of integrity, becasuse I know we can find them SOMEWHERE. Our straight Egyptian stallion has never enjoyed success as an EGYPTIAN show horse, because he simply was not flashy or exotic enough; and as we learned, show breeders and owners do NOT value substance, movement or disposition. They don't. After more than a decade of supporting the show industry with our dollars, time and resources, we bowed out and ultimately found ourselves in endurance, MSAR and light breeding once again.

Good stallions should not go begging for mares while skinny, poorly built stallions are producing hundreds a year. Well built foals shold not be traded for saddles and board bills whilst the get of halter champs are fought over to the tune of 5 figures MERELY because Daddy was SCottsdale halter champ. So....I for one will send yet another letter not to the World only but to AHA. Anyone want to join me?