[RC] water trough and Pyramid Challenge - (was OD part2) - Timothy Worden

Lara and I attended The Pyramid Challenge this past
weekend at Kentucky Horse Park.  RM Tommy Ticktin
mentioned in the ride meeting about a huge concrete
trough that both loops intersect.  This trough had the
nastiest scummiest, algea filled water......THE HORSES
LOVED IT!!...just like Tommy said.  Next to it was a
nice clean water trough, but the horses didn't pay any
attention to it...they wanted the water with some
flavor.

The Pyramid Challenge was a wonderful ride and we'll
probably attend again next year.  The 50s got to
finish in a down pour that felt great since it was so
hot.

Kentucky Horse Park is awesome.  Here I thought we
were the only crazy people going to be up at
6am...nope, plenty of jumpers were up lunging and
warming up their horses for the days activities.  The
Pyramid Society show was great.  I got my first
experience of watching the "Liberty
Class"...imagine...a bugged up Egyptian Arabian being
turned loose in the arena with the crowd hootin' and
hollarin', music blaring, and two handlers with crops
moving them as well.  Then the announcer says "TIME",
the crowd becomes dead silent, the music stops, and
the two handlers have 2min to catch and put a halter
back on this wigged out arabian.  All six horses were
caught within the 2min...some coming close.  They sure
were a blast to watch canter, gallop, trot, buck,
fart...all over that arena.

A big congrats to Lucie Hancock who finally got her
first ever 50mile win.  I think I'd heard she's been
endurance riding since 1988.

Tim
North Carolina