[RC] RUNNERS&TEVIS - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Larry Lewis aerc75@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In 79 the Tevis had the runners run with the horses.  It was the first, and
last time it ever happened.  Some of the runners finished ahead of riders,
granted we had vet check holds.  It was great, us riders were cheering them on.
I think his last name was Gonzales, he finished in front of many horses hold
or no hold. The Marines had many runners, they were awsome they stayed with me
all day long, passing as I went into the vet checks.  It was a magical ride.
This ride as well as many other rides are not on my mileage with aerc.  I have
tried to straighten this out many times but to no avail. Years ago we didn't
think it that important to keep all the stats, my rides from 76-86 not on the
records, this includes Tevis finishes as well as Old Dominion finishes, I think
we looked at it a lot different then, we were just thrilled to be riding and
the awards were more of a personal thing.  National champion limited distance
GIVE ME A BREAK....LL

understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~  Bob Morris