Re: [RC] [RC] Man vs. Horse speeds & Shermans Gap at the OD - MtnRondi

In a message dated 6/16/2004 4:15:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If you learn to tail correctly - letting the horse pull you up - it's as easy on you tailing up as riding up and a lot easier on the horse
Hahaha... I practiced tailing for a year in my canyons at home. He was great. He did wear a red ribbon in his tail as he was prone to kick out and then ask questions later... like, oh, that was you, sorry. So on Tevis I hopped off and started tailing and luckily no one had a video camera as he was so wired up he got my reins tangled between his front legs and we were a pretty funny looking mess. I only weighed 110 lbs., so I said he could haul my rear up every hill after that... plus I was a little worried about his mental state and the fact I could have gotten kicked.

Bonnie
So. Calif.