Re: [RC] [RC] Man vs. Horse speeds & Shermans Gap at the OD - Truman Prevatt

So Angie you need to climb up Piegion mountain and run down it - climb back up it and run down..............until you get it right!

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Well, Dave Bennett told me that Sherman's gap is just like the bad
section at Pigeon, just a WHOLE LOT LONGER of the bad stuff, so I feel
like I can picture it at least. Yep, I get off and walk that and it's a
chance to stretch out my muscles too.

But on the subject of "booking downhills" a few years back I was doing
Big South Fork and when we hit the long steep gravel road down into the
gorge I got off and jogged down it with Kaboot. I am no runner and that
was a pretty big deal for me to do it but I was able to simply because it
was downhill.  HOWEVER, I used muscles that I wasn't used to using and
when I got back on my horse those muscles were *tired* and it affected my
riding. I felt like I rode worse the rest of the day and after that knew
better than to do something I've not prepared my own body to do. I think
my riding hurt my horse more than getting off  helped him in that
incident.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
This weekend, many of you are at rides...25's, 50's or 100's.  You are the
lucky ones.  I know you did whatever you had to do to get to 'em.  I know
that each of you go to 'em with different so-called "goals" in mind...but I
also know that each of you cares for your horse and realize that "carrying
you" is the least of what he/she does for you.	LIFTING YOU is the true
effect.
~  Ryder

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."