Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] What do I need? - Laurie Durgin

I think that is what I have . My metatarsials hurt and burn and I get foot craps from pointing my feet, seems to be my weak link. I got an injection in one and it helped .Too many years of running, 4 babies and gardening by jumping up and down on the shovel in this southern clay.
Easy rides are my salvation too. Now if I can just find the right shoes . I have to add gels land footpads to everything-- and since most things have heel it puts pressure on those areas. So far the Ariat terrians work better than regular ariats or boots. And I hav ea pair of NIke trail shoes.
Surgery is too scary, though it hasn't gotten that bad I guess. I went under only once for broken nose and came up fighting everyone.

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ladurgin@xxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] What do I need?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:35:09 -0700

I rode for years in regular irons, too, and developed a neuroma between 3rd
and 4th toes of left foot that hurt like fire when I rode. I finally had to
have it surgically excised. Then it took 3 years for the nerved area to
quiet down to normal. EZ Ride stirrups are the only things that now save my
feet from the pressure that caused the neuroma in the first place. I vote
for EZ Ride stirrups as a possible preventative measure.

Barbara