[RC] shock wave for suspensory? - Amy Martin

I was wondering if any have had success with the shock wave therapy for
proximal suspensory ligament desmitis.  My mare is newly diagnosed with this
(finally took her to the local veterinary university for a second opinion)
but I know she has had it a year.  Unfortunately the source of her pain had
been incorrectly diagnosed (by a well known and respected vet) and I was
repeatedly told to exercise her to strengthen the stifles rather than give
her the rest she really needed.  So we are starting over fresh with 6 weeks
rest followed by another ultrasound to check progress.  Hopefully it is not
too late and I am wondering if the wave therapy might better my chances to
help my horse return to soundness.  Amy

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano