[RC] Magnum at the Mile - Correction - Magnumsmom

The old beast was "slow", but not that slow.  :)  His winning
time at a mile was 1:37.  1:46 was his time for 1 1/16.
At 1:54 the arabian would have been 85 lengths off that pace.

BTW, Gary Stevens rode him for one of those wins back when
he was just a pup.  I have video.  Cool, eh?

Magnum's lessor in CA couldn't bear to part with him.  This I
completely understand.  I miss him terribly, but he's so much
better off with her.  She rides him on trail and in the arena.
She loaned him to her friend's daughter for a show when the
daughter's pony came up off.   They won 5 ribbons.  He was
such a good boy.  Just does whatever he's supposed to do.

The daughter said she loved showing him and said he was
easier to ride than her pony.  :)   The pictures she sent show
this little tiny girl (small for her age) perched on this 15.3 TB.
Her feet hardly make it 1/2 way down his sides.  He's got this
"I'm being such a good horse"  look on his face.  It's priceless.

At 23, he still doesn't look a day over 16 so we don't tell him.
I see more blue ribbons in their future.  Brag, brag, brag...

:) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM