Re: [RC] trailers (width limitations) - Truman

On all roads that were build using federal highway funds - even one penny of federal highway funds you can legally have a 102 inch axle. On roads where no federal highway funds were used the state, county, etc. can limit the size of the axle. In general there are federal highway funds used on most roads so it's not a problem. A standard size pick-up is wider than 6 feet. The dually is as wide as an 8 foot wide trailer (which uses a 102 axle).

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:

Please Reply to: Trish Nelson fourxblessed@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking for info on trailers, hoping to start off next season better equipped. Want all aluminum (gooseneck)to keep down weight and steel rusts very quickly here by the ocean. Wondering about width - currently have a 12 long by 6 wide stock trailer, and I have very little room on either side of my trailer on some of the roads around here. Also, isn't there some type of federal regulation limiting max width? I also have a rack for portable corrals that has to fit over the fender on one side. Thanks,
Trish
fourxblessed@xxxxxxxx

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher