From: "Carol" <cstiles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   I'm alive!

... my only chance of getting help before I bled to death was to get back on Cosmo. All this time he had stood by me quietly even though he was loose...  I saw a ditch and made him stand in it... Cosmo was so freaked out by all the blood and the left arm flopping around... he started walking with little baby steps. This is a horse
that normally pulls my arms off...  don't remember riding those last few miles, so I must have had angels watching over me. Sometimes I got so weak I just laid on his neck... The tourniquet and water saved my life.