Re: [RC] Letters to the World - Kari Hanes

Rae,
Great article. We've been looking into going to a few arab shows this summer. In May we went to an unrated show just to get a look-see. We had a hard time grasping what we were seeing! I looked at my hubby and said, do you really think we can compete here? The money and attitudes we came across just aren't our style.

We've always done local open shows and 4-H shows with the kids. I know we don't have the "best" horses in the world, but we would like to show them off a little at an Arab show. The local shows seem to favor QH & Appy's. So we may try to go to the unrated show in July, if I can afford to join the "club".

My understanding is that we must belong to a club in region 13 to be able to show there, the yearly fee is almost $100. Now that's alot for just wanting to go to 1 or 2 shows a year. If anyone knows more about this can you fill me in? I don't know if the lady we spoke to just wanted us to become members or what. It would seem if it's an unrated show, you wouldn't need to be a member of a club to participate.

TIA
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Rae Callaway wrote:
In the Arabian Horse World magazine, they only had one letter in the letters section.  It's worth the read.  All I can say is, "Hear Hear!!"

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE Texas