Re: [RC] I'm alive! Cosmo Helped! - erika p moore

After any tramatic experience, we all look for the "thing" to avoid so
that it will NEVER happen again.  However, when it comes to horses, that
is the risk we take : the spooking, the rearing, the bucking.  It comes
with the territory and its things like the beauty, the freedom and the
almost spiritual release we feel when riding and interacting with horses
that should make us want to go back to the sport, if not for any other
reason than to show the world that we can face that experience (and all
the not so great things like spooking, rearing, and bucking) and not let
it beat us.
We all love our horses, and Cosmo sounds like he's a great horse.  How
many others would stand as patiently as he did, and act so contrary to
his nature in order to make sure that you came to no more danger.
Psychologists today would insist that animals do not feel emotions and
that they do not necessarily act on our behalf, but act according to
instinct and survival.  I say that is a load of crap (excuse my
language).
Carol, you are an extraordinary woman with an extraordinary horse.  Dont
loose this opportunity to grow together, to go back out there and beat
the odds.  What happend to you is going to take some time to get
through....lots of talking, self reflection, and time with Cosmo.
We all are rooting for you and know you are a strong enough woman to make
a comeback.
Just dont give up on Cosmo, he will surprise you further in the future in
good ways, garanteed!

Erika
I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks