Re: [RC] Horse canters when asked to Trot - MtnRondi

In a message dated 6/13/2004 6:41:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
But no matter how free and nice his
canter, if he just flat doesn't want to trot at all, something is wrong.
Could be saddle fit as above, or could be some other form of back pain.

Several years ago I was returning to camp at the end of the ride. We had been trotting most of the day and he suddenly wanted to canter, then trot, then canter... he couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to do and he couldn't hold either gait for very long without changing. When I got home I had the chiropractor check him out and his pelvis badly needed some adjustment. After that he was fine.

Bonnie
So. Calif.