Re: [RC] Horse canters when asked to Trot - Truman Prevatt

Most horses tend to round more naturally at the canter. A saddle with a slight bridge might we causing pain at a trot but none at the canter since many horses don't round the back as well at the trot as the canter. This be one of the first places I would look.

Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If a horse simply prefers to canter when the pace picks up a bit, that's
one thing--he's a natural canterer.  But no matter how free and nice his
canter, if he just flat doesn't want to trot at all, something is wrong.
Could be saddle fit as above, or could be some other form of back pain.

Heidi

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."