Re: [RC] rm software - Joe Long

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:34:40 -0600, Lif Strand <lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 05:14 PM 6/10/2004, Barbara McCrary wrote:
There must be a way that such a report can be sent via e-mail to the AERC
office and they can use it without having to re-type it.

If it's sent electronically they can just cut and paste, but it would be
much easier if the document sent was "readable" by AERC's program and the
info could just be merged.

That is the tough part -- "the devil's in the details."  I've written such
programs, "front ends" that let people key information into a local database on
their PC, which was later uploaded electronically to a master database.  I can
assure you that it isn't nearly as easy as it sounds, especially if you want the
results error-free.  And to write one would require the assitance of the folks
who maintain the AERC office database, both in providing specifications and in
testing.

It would be a boon to the office, though, if we could get it, along with a
"front end" program that was good enough, fast enough and flexible enough that
most ride managers would want to use it.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

There must be a full understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~  Bob Morris