From: <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx>
To: "'terre'" <tobytrot@xxxxxxxxx>; "'Truman Prevatt'"
<tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:05 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] rm software

<<<<>Today it would be real easy for the AERC to develop and
distribute S/W
aids to ride managers.

I actually suggested this to the Ride Manager Committee this
spring (Connie
Caudill) and she thought it was a good idea--but I don't
know if it ever
went anywhere.>>>>

All it would take is a volunteer to offer to produce such a
program. But be aware the costs to do so could be quite
extensive. Just ask Garret Ford who was instrumental in
creating what is currently on line. That statement "it would
be real easy" is very easy to write. But the actual
production of a program is not. I remember well the many
members of AERC who said they could "easily" produce the
software we use now, for considerable less than what it
cost. But no one ever stepped forward to help.

So, that said, being a Director of the AERC and a member of
the Technical Committee as well, I solicit any and all
offers from volunteers to develop a computer program for
reporting ride results better than the Easyrider software.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID