[RC] Spider info - Julie Fuller

Hi guys,

I've been bitten twice by spiders, and was real lucky both times. Both times it was a hobo spider, resulting in weeping, ulcerated bites which took weeks and weeks to heal. I was lucky in that I didn't get blood poisoning. (I'm giving massive doses of vitamin C the credit)

Most spider bites of this type are blamed on the Brown Recluse when in fact they are Hobo spiders. The result is the same. They can cause ulceration to the point of needing skin grafts, as two people I have known, (See why I said I was lucky) as well as flu-like symptoms.

Here is the URL to a great page with pictures and info about Hobo spiders

http://www.idahomall.com/hobospider/hobofacts.html

Julie
Washougal, WA

There is something really special about getting to ride all day, and all
night on your horse. I know that a lot of people like to get finished, and
get it over with. Yes, it is a lot of work. But, realize that each ride,
especially a 100 is a really special gift and savor it for all it is worth. ~ Karen Chaton