Re: [RC] [RC] Spider web "FOOT" - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A fellow I work with got bit on his male anatomy while using a
porta-potty while working at a  refinery a few years.  He
experienced swelling, discoloration, and pain in addition to
spending a week in the hospital.  To keep this endurance related,
I think about his episode every time I use a porta-potty at a
ridecamp.

One of the funnest (is that a word?) classes at Cal Poly Pomona
is Insects and Civilization.  It's full to the brim every quarter
since everyone hears about it and wants to take it.

Anyway, the prof says that porta-potties and shoes are the two
places you're most likely to be bitten by a widow.  Your coworker
is not unique in his experience, apparently.  And, like you, I
think about widows every time I enter a porta-potty at ridecamp.
Luckily most rides (at least around here) seem to get the potties
brought in special for the ride so I'm hoping they haven't sat
long enough for a widow to take up residence.  Although, as I
say this I realize that the shoes don't have to sit for long for
the widow to move in...

~Nicole

There must be a full understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~  Bob Morris