[RC] Horse ID / Great idea - Karen

An even better way to keep ID on your horse, is to get one of those dog tags and braid it into your horses mane. This is handy not just for rides, but for any kind of traveling you might do and even if your horse is turned out in a large pasture with a group of horses. You can order them with each animals name on them, or just simply "I belong to" and put your name and phone number. It is good to put home #, cell, and even a # for a vet. You may even be able to fit in your address. On the 2001 XP I had Barney's # on my horses tags, because I knew if something happened and my horses got loose they call him he'd know whose they were.

I get my tags from Drs. Foster and Smith. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ I also put them on things like my crewbag, saddles, bridles, halters. Oh, and my dogs :-).

Karen
in NV

The only thing worse than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing
for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland