Re: [RC] spider web face - Terri Parrot

Okay, I have to jump in here.  Harmless?  Not on your
life!  I was riding with a group of friends, including
my sister and her minister husband, when he casually
mentioned that I had a spider on my back.  I ignored
him, all my life people have pulled this trick just to
watch my over-zealous reaction.  The second time he
said it, I glanced at my shoulder, and sure enough,
there was one of those full-grown, huge suckers
staring back at me.  I had a crop in my hand and
started beating at my shoulder, screaming at the same
time.  My sister, riding next to me, was also beating
at my back yelling, "Stay still and I'll get him."
The spider, panicking from this double attack, was
looking for the nearest hiding place he could find,
which happened to be the bottom of my t-shirt sleeve
and he was making for it with all speed, dodging
frantic blows from 2 whips.  Meanwhile, at the back of
the pack of riders, my husband heard my screams and
off-handedly mentioned to another rider that I
probably had a spider on me.  When asked if he
shouldn't go help, he replied that it would be all
over by the time he got up to me, so what's the point?
Back to the action:  Off the horse I came, and yes,
she was pretty calm throughout this whole ordeal, and
batting, twirling and ducking, finally managed to
disloge my fearsome hitchhiker.  I remounted, and we
finished our ride.  It was only later that someone
commented about me coming off my horse.  I do not
recall ever dismounting and re-mounting.  I only
remember the blind panic and the absolute necessity of
getting rid of my passenger as quickly as possible.
And you say "harmless"?

Esther and Chagalle <who would probably have disloged
both spider and rider at the sight of a crop>

--- Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here go MB - this is what the sucker looks like (and
about the same
size). They are quite harmless. A lot less dangerous
than a rattler or
rogue mountain lion.

Enjoy

http://www.photohome.com/photos/animal-pictures/wildlife/argiope-spider-1.html

Truman

Merryben@xxxxxxx wrote:

That's it.  Even talking about spiders and bugs
makes me shakey.  Now
I know why I still live in California.  Only
earthquakes, rattlesnakes
and now mountain lions.

--

"The person of superior integrity does not insist
upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of
inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this
reason, he lacks integrity."