Re: [RC] Attack of the killer horse flies - Milinda Ellis

--- j marshall <jen4marshall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to clarify... the horse flies were about the
size
of a quarter and the swarm more than seven. They
would
stick like glue leaving a small trail of blood after
whacked the ones off I could reach. I felt bad
because
my poor horse had no idea why I kept smacking him.
Maybe I should invest in some medieval horse armor.

Jen,

Don't kid yourself.  I'll bet your horse figured out
pretty quick what you were doing.  Mine (even the very
young ones) will stand and let us hit bot flies,
bare-handed or with a cap.

Medieval armor wouldn't work in our heat OR our
rain...

Milinda Ellis
Beargrass Cleveland Bays
Jewett, Texas

PS -- for the first time in the 13 years I've lived on
this property, WE have horseflies just like you
described, too (probably because we've had a pretty
wet spring).  I wish they'd go back to wherever the
Hell they came from!!!  If they're not after the
horses, they're after me!!!