Re: [RC] Attack of the killer horse flies - j marshall

Just to clarify... the horse flies were about the size
of a quarter and the swarm more than seven. They would
stick like glue leaving a small trail of blood after I
whacked the ones off I could reach. I felt bad because
my poor horse had no idea why I kept smacking him.
Maybe I should invest in some medieval horse armor.

--- j marshall <jen4marshall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
I needs some advise on horse fly repellent. I went
riding yesterday and we (my horse and I) were
swarmed with horse flies. Not only did they swarm us
but also followed us at our working trot and
occasional buck kicks which he did rid himself of
the vampires. I had to cut our ride short to avoid
my horse needing a transfusion by the time we made
it back to the trailer. Note I did spray him with
Repelex horse fly spray which says on it that it
repels horse flies. I don't think he sweated it off
because the monsters started before he had worked up
a good sweat. I live in the North central texas area
and love the training trail we work on. It started
as a occasional horse fly here and there but now it
is out of control.

Help!!!!!

Thank You,
Jen and Legend apparently a horse fly delicacy.

Jen Marshall

=====
Jen Marshall
I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton