[RC] Rider legs bruising - Michael Rothwell

I had a very similar ocurrence after a 50 miler this Spring. It has never
happened to me before. I thought that it was incited by an increase in
recent road biking that I have done.
Anyway the swelling was not the same as what it called shin splints but
more lateralyy on the leg- exactly over the anterior tibialis muscle. I
got swelling and redness too with bruising that followed a few days
later.. And it was very painful. I iced and took an anti inflammatory and
rested. It resolved quickly (to my surprise). I have prevented
reoccurences by wrapping my leg in that area with coban (similar to vet
wrap). The coban feels really good and I can feel the support it gives and
have had NO reoccurrences (even after a recent 100 mile road bike ride).
Hope this helps.
Tara
When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith