From: "erika p moore" <eekitserika@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Breeding "No-Names"/CMKs for WSTR

Hehehehe...you're hilarious Renie! (You hit my funny bone with a few of
your phrases)
But I must agree with you.  Personally I think the show horses are
extravagant and often "fantastical".  They are now being bred to create
an illusory vision of how the Arab was back at the "romantic" beginning
of the breed.  However, that was not how the horses were and their
origins were anything but romantic.  They were originally created for the
work they could do and not their photogenic prowess.
I think the Arab, in all its forms, is among the most beautiful of the
equine breeds, yet I hate to think we as a culture have allowed the
cosmetic to rule rather than the athletic ability, heart, and
personality.
Yet, the Arab is not the only breed being distorted.  Take a look at the
Morgans, the Fresians, Saddlebreds, to just name a few.  All are focused
on typey with extra flashy action.  Who cares if the horses are dumber
than doornails and live relatively short lives!
ALL MY OPINION!  But I dare say, there are few who would disagree.
Erika
At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length
of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton