Re: [RC] Breeding "No-Names"/CMKs for WSTR - SandyDSA

In a message dated 6/8/2004 8:03:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
We don't need dish faces, flat croups and dainty legs.  We need
good bone, strong backs and intelligence!
Well, ditch the flat (read, USELESS) croups and dainty laegs - but there is no reason we have to sacrifice a lovey face to achieve the other qualities. Some express that lovely face more than others, and the is a-okay with me; at the same time it doesn't have to be a choice. Mt first Arabian - my now 29 year old treasure - is a gorgeous mare even in her old age, stylish, typey, and of excellent legs, strong coupling and solid body - and a beautiful head. I wish I knew as much then as I do now - I would have put her to much better use much earlier. A Classic Head and halter winner, she alos routinely was high in the ribbons at all levels in dressage, hunters, western, show hack, and costume. She has even been known to place well over 3' fences! Finally, as a 16 year old she completed her first 35 miler. When I look at her, I wish until I about drop that I had a whole BARN full of horses like her - beautiful, capable and of the breath-taking sense of loyalty and gentility that ought to be paramount in ANY breeding program - but is seen in a precious few. Living works of art? Perhaps - but not without function and purpose, thank you.