Re: [RC] old timers horse fly rememedy - RDCARRIE

Gads...I don't think I'd want to put diesel fuel on my horse!

You're right about an oil base helping, though.  What I've used with good
success is citronella oil.  You can buy the pure stuff (expensive), and add
some to your fly spray mix.  It's oily, and helps the fly spray stay on with
all the sweating and sponging.  I ran out a couple of years ago, and just got
some more from a friend.  Not only does the citronella oil help the fly
situation a little (nothing will keep 'em totally off), but it smells really
nice, too.  :)

Dawn in East Texas (dodging the #$%@ flies here, too)
Personally, I shouldn't give a s--- where the other people on the course
are, and if I find myself starting to concern myself over this, I remind
myself that this is the first step on the road to overriding my horse and
tell myself to "knock it off!"  :)
~  Kat Swigart