Re: [RC] Vicki Crance's injury - Merryben

Hey Connie, my knee injury was a shattered tibial plateau.  It was in about 6 pieces...My knee collapsed two inches.  Also fractured the tibia.  They jacked up my knee, put in a bunch of bone grafts (5 I think) then two titanium plates and 10 screws.  My shin has sort of a lump on it if you look close (sort of like a horse with bucked shins) ut my knee never bothers me at all any more.....and if your friend is thin, that helps a lot....wish I was......Tell your friend it will all get better.  My doctor actually let me ride as long as I had the brace one.  Luckily the giant hinge was on the outside............mb