Re: [RC] [RC] Helmet stories - Karen Sullivan - Rosalie Marley

Your editorial sounds like a good idea.

When I lived in Sunland, there was a local lady with a nice arab who always wanted to ride with me and my friends.  We always told her - "Not until you wear a helmet :-)"
(smiley is important!)   Before long, she met up with us on the trail, wearing her helmet, and we all rode together.  She even learned that her arab could trot! and trot and trot....
Over the years, she has come off a couple of times, usually near home, and although she has gotten some injuries, they are all surviveable.  One of her friends, who thinks helemts were for sissies, sustained a coma and lots of brain damage.  Still scares my friend to see people riding without helmets.

My thought is to use "friendly peer pressure" to get folks wearing helmets too.

Rosalie