Re: [RC] To breed a 'no name' horse - Kristene Smuts

First of all, it is not just "cosmetic imperfections" that keep good
Arabians out of shows.  It is also good conformation!  The Arabian show
ring is looking for a sausage with LOOOONG legs that come about frequently due
to an upright shoulder with an open angle, LOOOOONG cannons, LOOOOONG upright
pasterns, etc.  They are looking for a long scrawny neck that does not balance
with the horse unless the horse has a body as long as a railroad car>>

My hypothetical horse is anything BUT ;-))

Does he have a pedigree full of individuals who by and large possess
riding traits?>>

Difficult to say, as they are not easy to trace to find out.  Also, previous
foals were not registered so cannot trace those either.

So KNOW what is in there, even if it isn't famous.  Because that is what your
set of possibilities is>>

Yes, *I* know that, but somebody wanting a cover from a stallion would at least
want some kind of record - as in a rosette of sorts.  Those that know about
pedigrees, steer away from the cosmetic imperfections - they get blinded by
that and can't seem to see the horse.

Kristene
South Africa

year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes