RE: [RC] belmont-bloodlines-racing-cmk - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

I have 2 Arabs, 1 racing bred and a lot of TBs. The Arabs think they're running fast, you may think they're running fast but the TBs have a whole 'nother gear. I just looked at Fridays results from Delaware park and the TBs seem to run 6 furlongs about 10 seconds faster than the Arabians or about 15% faster.  Libby
 PS In my experience TBs are perfectly happy to do this after a 49 mile warm up.
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ed Kilpatrick
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 8:17 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] belmont-bloodlines-racing-cmk
sorry for the blank, i hit the wrong button.
i had not watched any of the triple crown races this year, until the belmont.  i was riding and working with some horses, doing some training, we had the tv set up in the lq of the horse trailer, parked next to the arena, so the rest of the crowd could get me off the horse when it was time for the race.  i thought smarty would be the one, but that other horse had some stuff left at the end.  it takes a heck of a horse to win all three legs!  the time was 3 seconds slower that secretariat's record in the belmont.  translate that into distance/lengths at the finish line.  :-)
interesting discussions lately about bloodlines. bloodlines makes for good conversation, but what can the horse do? that is what is important to me. i agree that the mare adds more to the mix than most people give credit.  i have heard some people say, well, that stallion breeds better than he is!  they didnt even think about what the mare gave to the mix.
another question.   anybody ever matched up a good racing arabian against a thoroughbred?  just to see?  i was curious. if so, what distance would be a good test, i mean a track race, not 50 or 100!  :-)
next question,  i am not much on arabian stuff,   what does cmk stand for?       ed