From: <Cowgirgoof@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:06:13 -0400
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Belmont-Smarty Jones

Stewart Elliot (Smarty's jockey) should have ridden Samrty like a 100 miler- I
knew at the half-way point he was going to blow him out. In each race he won
before, he's ridden him at a nice easy second until the top of the stretch.
This time he let Smarty pull out front and I knew then he had it blown.
He assumed he had more horse than he really did. Should have paced him...Let
that be a lesson to our endurance horses.

Becky
It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle