Re: [RC] [RC] tail mare? - Jean Diaz

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 20:43:16 -0600 (MDT), heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And with mitochondrial DNA, geneticists have been able to prove
that some mares in rather far-flung programs actually have the same "tail
female" back beyond our pedigrees.  There are several pairings between
Crabbet/Blunt founding mares and Davenport mares, for instance, which
shows that they originally were derived from a common female ancestor at
some point.

The Crabbet foundress Rodania (Kuhayla Rodania in strain) matches the
Davenport import *Wadduda (Saqlawi al'Abd in strain), and the
Davenport mare *Reshan (Kuhaylan Haifi in strain, all my horses trace
to her in tail female) matches the Crabbet mare Basilisk (strain of
Saqlawi Jedran). There are probably more, but my copy of the paper
that I think discusses these is at home... somewhere.

Ambar
http://ambararabians.com/
There are few places where the horse does not fit in; at least in my world,
as delusional as that one may be.
~  Howard Bramhall